Saturday, January 21, 2012

President Barack Obama stole the online show on Friday

President Barack Obama stole the online show on Friday after singing a tune during a campaign fundraiser at New York City's famed Apollo Theater.

After Rev Al Green warmed up the audience for Obama on Thursday night, the President surprised the audience -- and his staff -- by crooning the opening bars of Green's soul classic "Let's stay together”.

"I'm - so in love with you," he sang, earning rapturous applause from the 1,400 people who each had paid between USD 100 and USD 200 to attend the Democratic fundraiser ahead of the Presidential Election in November.

"Don't worry Rev, I cannot sing like you. I just wanted to show my appreciation," Obama added, as he stood on a stage at the theater that helped launch the careers of Michael Jackson, James Brown and Ella Fitzgerald.

The video of Obama singing was a hit online on Friday and Al Green was one of the top ten topics trending on Twitter.

"I have worked for President Obama for 5 years and until last night, I had no idea that he could sing," said White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer in a tweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment