Thursday, March 1, 2012

Vidya: My sexy moves, expressions enough to display oomph

She started as a small time TV actress almost a decade ago but now she is one of the most sought after actresses in Bollywood, perhaps the best in the Tinsel Town. Vidya Balan has come a long long way.

From the vulnerable girl in ‘Parineeta’ to a daredevil rustic woman in ‘Ishqiya’ to the bold and sexy ‘Silk’ in ‘The Dirty Picture’ Vidya has essayed a wide spectrum of characters. She will now appear on screen as a pregnant lady frantically in search of her missing husband in ‘Kahaani’.

Though the lady has brought a variety of characters to life, ‘Silk’ tagged her as the plump sexy siren, who could woo men of all age groups. And to carry her dirty avatar forward, Vidya has shaken a leg to a folk number in ‘Ferrari Ki Sawari’.

While talking to a daily, Vidya stated that she would not like being called an item girl, for her presence in ‘Ferrari Ki Sawari’ would be a like a special appearance. She believes her sexy moves and expressions are more than enough to ooze oomph.

She said, “I`m sure the audience will love my dance, inspired by a folk art form, in the film. As for sexy moves, even though I`m fully clad the sensuality, the sexy moves and my expressions are enough to display oomph.”

Vidya, who had earlier said that she is equal to the Khans, feels that she can shoulder the film’s fate herself. It isn’t necessary to have a male protagonist all the time. However, it’s not a conscious decision from her end to do woman centric films.

“No, I don`t feel so. Its just that, for the past few films I have been getting strong roles and so people have started saying that when I do a film there is no need of a male counterpart. I suffice as the hero. But I feel that every field requires a natural balance of men and women,” said the actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment